Established in 1980 by Mr. Kanhaiyalal Agarwal, Alpha Polytechno , as it was known then, benefited from being in middle of the textile hub in India. With PVC being used widely in the industry, Alpha saw an opportunity to change the industry standard by introducing Polypropylene Tubular Quench (PPTQ) film because of its clarity and strength. With first plant in Mr. Agarwal’s basement in small village called Navsari (about 200 km north of Mumbai), capacity of about 10 MT per month was installed.
In 1984, due to limited space and resources, the plant was relocated to Daman (about 125 km north of Mumbai) with name being changed to Alpha Polymer. With larger space of 1500 square meters, Alpha Polymer was able to process about 4200 MT of polymer annually by 1996, making it the single largest process of PPTQ in India.